Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Birthday, Hat Dad!

It is a very special person's birthday today.

And that person is:


Yup, Hat Daddy-o is turning another year older today, but I don't think he can get any wiser.  (Seriously, the dude knows a lot about a lot.)

So, in honor of his day of birth, I would like to talk about my favorite thing about my Daddy.

Here's the thing.  I'm not a touchy-feely hug-y kinda gal.  It's just not really my thing.  (Don't get me wrong, when it comes to my Handsome Hubs I am all over the guy like white on rice, but others?  Notsomuch.)  But there comes a moment when you're just enough broken that no matter your natural aversion to physical contact, you just need a hug.

So my favorite thing about Hat Dad?

He knows exactly when that moment is.
He can tell when I am moments away from a meltdown (or perhaps moments into a meltdown) when the only thing I really need is a hug and a fatherly "Everything's going to be okay."

Happy Birthday, Hat Dad!
I Love You!

3 comments:

LWLH said...

Happy Birthday Hat Dad!! :)

Kara said...

Tell Uncle Many Names that Carla says "Happy Birthday!" =P

Life With Lauren said...

Happy Birthday to him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...