Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Baby Girl Emma: Month Three


What's new? Emma is such a joy to be around (okay most of the time...)!  She smiles so much, and is so interested in the world around her.  She has started getting interested in the television, and being very vocal at night - "chatting" away for hours, sometimes!

Stats: No doctor's appointment this month for official stats, but she is about 13 1/2 pounds.



Hair: Her hair is definitely a bit more red, but looks much more red in photos than in person.  It has more of a red hue when in the light, and looks almost completely brown at night or in low lighting.

Eyes: Still blue and gorgeous!  They have actually gotten a bit lighter, so I'm really interested to see how the color will change.

Clothes: Emma is fitting perfectly in most 3-month clothes.  I just washed and put away all her 6-month clothes, as I think some of them may start fitting and I want to get the most use out of all these adorable outfits!

Sleep: Right at the beginning of her third month, Emma started waking up only once at night.  We went on a trip shortly after, and during that she slept awful at night.  Once we got home, she got a little better, but by the end of Month Three, she is waking up multiple times a night again.  I am hoping this is a short regression, as it is making me very nervous for going back to work in just weeks.  She naps really well most days, and while she takes good naps in the car and stroller, I find she is most well-rested on days where she gets at least one or two long naps at home.  She naps in her swing most often, and still sleeps in the pack and play in our room at night.


Feeding: After her two month shots, Emma had a few days where she was eating significantly less than previously, but since her weight gain had been exemplary, I let her choose when she wanted to eat by telling me with hunger cues.  There were a few days were she only ate 6 times in a 24-hour-period (she was eating 8-10 most days prior to that).  After a few days, she went back to her average 2 1/2-3 hours between feedings during the day.  Her fussiness while eating has greatly improved, and we are doing great with breastfeeding.  My supply dipped shortly after our trip - I think it was due to stress, being off our schedule, and a growth spurt.  Things seem to be back to normal now.

Likes: Lying on her back looking at the ceiling fan, tummy time for short periods of time with the boppy, the lambs on her swing (she likes to talk with them!), watching Mommy throw the O-ball rattle in the air in front of her

Dislikes: Apparently sleeping at night is not on her list of things to do as we wrap this month up!!  She has has given up the pacifier except for some select days, and is not loving being cradled like a baby in the crook of your arm anymore unless she is very tired.

Mama Update: Feeling good!  I am starting to really want to work out, but am terrified of it affecting my milk supply.  When I experienced a small dip, I realized how incredibly important it is to me for Emma to keep receiving exclusively breast milk, and it might be worth it for me to wait on working out at all until I am not as concerned.  I may start with jogging just a few days a week, and see if it poses an issue.

Milestones:

Huge improvement in head control - by the end of our vacation, Emma was holding her head up like a champ!

Looking Forward To: Passover and Easter!  I ordered her personalized Easter basket last weekend, and can't wait to fill it up with goodies.  We are also opening a savings account for little lady, and I plan to use all holidays as an excuse to deposit a little extra.

Nicknames: Angel Baby, Princess, Shmemma, Chicken Girl

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...